Welcome to our Antifog Instruction Page. Here we will inform you on the proper use of our JAWS antifog products so you can enjoy your next adventure or activity fog free! As with any product, it is very important to follow the instructions on the bottle and review the caution warning as well.
WATER SPORTS APPLICATION (WET):
NOTE: JAWS spit antifog gel formula is not recommended for use on small lenses such as swim goggles. All JAWS antifogs work with wet or dry applications. It is important to only use a WET application when using the product for WATER sports activities. Overusing the product DOES NOT improve its performance and is counter productive. It is always important to use the product only as directed.
- When you are applying to a glass lens be sure the lens has been pre-cleaned with JAWS scrub mask cleaner product prior to applying the antifog. By pre-cleaning the lens you are removing any factory coatings, foreign buildup or objects leaving a smooth, clean surface. Antifog will perform much better on a clean surface. New glass lens masks must be cleaned with scrub in order for the antifog to work properly.
- When you are applying on a plastic, polycarbonate or acrylic style lens be sure to rinse, dunk or wash it first ensuring there is no foreign buildup or objects on the lens. Antifog always works better on a smooth, clean lens.
- Apply a VERY SMALL amount of antifog on the inside of the lens. Seriously... it only takes a tiny bit so do not over apply! Rub the antifog over the entire area with your finger - then, it is important to rinse the product off the lens leaving no residue. Visually check each lens prior to use to ensure there is no product left on the lens. Remember... the job of an antifog is to relieve surface tension on the lens so fog (or tiny water molecules) cannot collect or stick to the lens.
LAND SPORTS -OR- INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION (DRY):
NOTE: Do not use the DRY application method for any water sports activities. As stated above, all JAWS antifogs work with wet or dry applications. It is important to only use a DRY application when using the product for LAND sports activities. As with wet applications, overusing the product DOES NOT improve its performance and is counter productive. NOTE: JAWS recommends Quick spit and SEESafe for dry applications.
Please take the time to read caution warnings on the label and use JAWS products only as directed.
- When you are applying on a glass, plastic, polycarbonate or acrylic style surface be sure the surface is clean. Both Quick spit and SEESafe can be used to pre-clean the surface prior to applying the product as an antifog (2-in-1 Formula). Simply apply Quick spit or SEESafe to the inside and outside of the lens, add water and wash with fingers or a clean damp cloth. Be sure to dry the surface after cleaning prior to applying the product as an antifog.
- Spray a small amount on the dry surface being treated. A larger surface will require more product but over applying is counter productive. Rub or spread the antifog over the entire area. The product does not have to dry in order to perform properly on most surfaces but if you have time, allow it to dry (approximately 5-10 minutes). Then, gently buff with a JAWScloth or a clean, lint free, soft cloth only until product haze disappears. It is important not to over buff!